Fortunately for prospective students looking to major in accounting, there are a wide variety of top colleges and universities that offer great programs for them to consider. However, before researching programs, prospective students should consider their individual priorities, as they will go a long way in determining which is best accounting school for them. Students should be sure to consider which of the following aspects of their degree will be most important for them:
- College Experience, if you are looking for a school with a lively campus with an active social life.
- Career Advancement, if you are currently working in the field of business and are looking to obtain a promotion.
- Cost per credit hour, if you are concerned about the financial investment that you are making in your education.
- Return on Investment, if you are looking to earn a degree which will quickly pay for itself you may want to conduct A Cost/Benefit Analysis of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Industry Networking, if you are looking to make connections with professors and piers in a specific location or community.
- Technical Affluence, if you are looking to increase your mathematic and statistic skills to set you apart from other professionals in your field.
Once you have considered your priorities, the next step will be to look for the program that best fits your academic, social, financial, and professional expectations. While most universities and colleges that offer bachelor’s degrees offer majors in accounting, not all of accounting programs are equal. Fortunately, we have compiled a list of the Top 15 Bachelor of Accounting Degree Programs for your reference. If any of the schools on the list might offer the best accounting bachelor’s degree for your specific needs, you should be sure to follow the links and request more information at their school website. Our ranking of the best accounting schools is based on the following criteria:
- Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Average Annual Price
- National Conglomerate School Rankings such as US News and World Report
- Financial Aid
- Accounting Specializations Offered
- Freshman Retention Rate
- Student-to-teacher ratio
- Internship and Job Placement
Because there are so many aspects that go into a collegiate experience, there are other considerations to be taken into account depending on the particular student. For instance, if you are currently employed in the field of business and want to earn a degree while maintaining your full-time job, you may want to find a school that makes the best use of online class formats as they allow for a high level of schedule flexibility. If you are considering an online school, be sure to check out The Essential Guide to Online Bachelors Degrees. The schools that ranked highest based on our criteria were:
- The University of Pennsylvania
- New York University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- The University of Texas-Austin
- The University of Virginia
While each of these schools ranked highly, their programs have different strengths and weaknesses, so if any of the schools on our list of Top 15 Bachelor of Accounting Degree Programs piques your interest, you should be sure to visit their school website and request more information.