If you want to find the best communications major for you, you’ve come to the right place. Communication is a versatile, rigorous major that can lead to jobs across all sectors of the economy.
Educated communications professionals are extremely demanded. A recent National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) survey found that employers rank communication as the #3 most important job skill. To separate yourself from other communications professionals, and get a leg up in your training, you can choose one of the best programs in communications.
We’ve done so for you at Top 15 Bachelor of Communications Degree Programs. Make sure to follow links to any program you’re interested in to request more information directly from the school itself. Many schools have dedicated services staff that are eager to help you in your search for the best communications major for you.
We ranked the best communications majors based on the following criteria:
- We only chose colleges from the top 50 of the U.S. News and World Report national rankings that offered Bachelor’s in communications majors.
- We prioritized schools that PayScale marked for greater salary potential.
- Schools were inspected for their accreditation.
- We chose communications majors that offered face-to-face speaking skills built into class time.
- We used the NCES College Navigator database to consider average annual tuition.
- Other factors considered were: experiential opportunities, class size, retention rate, concentrations, faculty credentials, and post-graduate success.
On our list, you can prioritize what you want to accomplish with your communications major. There’s a lot of room to customize your experience. For example, UPenn’s communications major offers concentrations in Political Communication, Media Effects, Marketing Messages, and Critical Journalism.
Perhaps you want a more creative communication major. You might be moved by Northwestern University’s Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies, which offers modules in Creative Writing, Digital Media, Music Theater, and Sound Cultures through its Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies. Students can also opt to study abroad at Northwestern Qatar and do research in their Social Media Lab.
In a communications major, you’ll get a well-rounded education that will likely include coursework in:
- Media Psychology
- Constitutional Law
- Journalism Law
- Communication Policy & Regulation
- Communication Theory
- Corporate Communication/Public Relations
- Interpersonal Communications
- Communication Research Methods
- New Writing and Reporting
- Speech Communication
To see our full complement of top-ranked communications majors, take a quick click over to Top 15 Bachelor of Communications Degree Programs. Don’t forget to request more information from any school you’re interested in.
You don’t have to find a communications major or any degree program on your own. At Bachelor’s Degree Center you’ll find a bevy of rankings and other resources in your search for an affordable, flexible, and top-notch education.